The Open Group Risk Taxonomy Technical Standard, based on Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR), is a proven quantitative analytic model that has been used effectively to analyze cybersecurity risk and express annualized loss exposure in economic terms.
FAIR can be applied to accurately analyze, measure, and quantify cybersecurity risk, expressing loss exposure in a relevant financial metric. Organizations that have successfully adopted the Risk Taxonomy are able to answer these questions:
- What are my top IT security risk issues and how significant are they?
- What is the risk reduction benefit of the proposed security initiative?
- What is the most cost-effective, efficient use of resources?
This session will provide an overview of the Technical Standard, how it compliments existing risk frameworks, and how your organization can adopt it.
- Chad Weinman, Integration Director, CXOWARE
- Jack Jones, Risk Management Insight
- Steve Tabacek, CXOWARE
- Jim Hietala, The Open Group
- Additional Information
Reference D070 Author(s) Chad Weinman, Integration Director, CXOWARE, Jack Jones, Risk Management Insight, Steve Tabacek, CXOWARE, Jim Hietala, The Open Group Published 11 Oct 2012 Duration 56 minutes Type Webinars Subject Security