DetailsA set of ArchiMate® stencils for use with Microsoft® Visio. The zip file contains two versions: for Visio 2003-2010 and for Visio 2013-2016. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. For more information see creativecommons.org/licenses.
- Additional Information
Reference I163 Published 18 Jul 2016 Type Miscellaneous Subject ArchiMate
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Good tool with something to improve
Good enough. Is it possible to fix the relationship "Realization" ? when you drag it it appears not like a connector but ad an image. All other Stencils for Relationship group work fine. Another thing could be filter layers based on the name of relationship. I was not able to do that. I would like to see two names for each relationship to evaluate the impacts on an artifact change too... and so on...
- Symbols fine, relationships terrible
I will only add to the previous reviewer's comments by saying the v2 relationships routed much more efficiently than v3. Being a straight line only complicates diagrams and makes them much bigger than they need to be. Making them a right-angle connector doesn't provide that nice flowing appearance of the v2 relationships.
I can also add that when adding text to symbols there is no way of knowing what shape in the group the text is going into. This can lead to frustration when other architects start to update diagrams.
- Good, could be better.
On the whole the Stencil Set works and provides all of the ArchiMate symbols for anyone who chooses to, or is compelled to use Visio. I only gave it three stars because there are a couple of issue:
1. Scaling shapes causes the symbols icon to become misshapen and does not look good/professional.
2. Scaling Nodes causes the 3D effect to become misshapen.
3. For some reason the Realization relationship is not a connector and therefore does not scale or connect with symbols.
4. There seem to be no way to apply a stereotype to a symbol (this may be Visio's fault).