According to Jeanne Ross, from MIT-CISR, only 28% of businesses have successfully digitized their business. The remaining 72% are locked in silos or significantly limited by dated, brittle architecture consisting, in the words of CIOs, of duct tape and layered band aids. For this reason, Geoffrey Moore suggests in "Zones to Win" that companies that become challenged in their business model only have a 10% chance of survival. In MIT-CISR's research they have found that many successful established companies are unsure that they will cross the "digital chasm".
This presentation will discuss the role of agile Enterprise Architecture in enabling digital winners. This includes how architecture is an enabler of digital business models. It has become clear that running rote operations with a disjointed IT infrastructure, fragmented workflows, ad hoc security measures, and poor visibility into the customer will not succeed in the digital economy.
In this webinar, hosted by The Open Group, we will discuss what steps Enterprise Architects can take to build businesses that last and how agile Enterprise Architecture provides business with the strategic flexibility to respond to the waves of digital disruption. This involves building a digital backbone that integrates business-critical applications and services, across larger ecosystems, and making the most of technologies such as mobile computing and the cloud to create a seamless whole from disparate IT systems and workflows.
- Additional Information
Reference D250 Author(s) Myles Suer (#CIOChat Facilitator, CIO.com Columnist, Dell Boomi), Chris Larsen (Dell Boomi Enterprise Architecture Practice) Published 3 Sep 2019 Duration 1 hour 2 minutes Type Webinars Subject Architecture