Users of process control systems need a next-generation interoperable process control automation framework. Such a framework (a standard of standards) would provide customers of process control systems with an open architecture upon which future innovation could occur, while preserving investments made in process control systems. Process control vendors will benefit through working collaboratively to develop a vendor-neutral standard, through increased market opportunities, and positioning as a leader in DCS automation standards development.
This webinar will provide an overview of content originally developed for (and presented at) the Industry Day For End Users in support of a next-generation interoperable process control automation framework. (The industry day was hosted by ExxonMobil and The Open Group on June 27, 2016).
The webinar agenda will include:
- Business problem and vision for solution; ExxonMobil
- Experience of avionics industry and FACE consortium; Lockheed Martin
- Principles for Customer/Supplier standards consortium and next steps towards Open Automation consortium; The Open Group
- Q&A; taking audience questions
- R&D and process control managers in customer organizations in process control industries (oil and gas, petrochemical, utilities, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical, mining and metals, food and beverage)
- Product development leaders in process control suppliers
To play webinars recorded in WebEx ARF file format, you need to download a player from the WebEx download site.
- Additional Information
Reference D170 Author(s) Don Bartusiak, Dennis Stevens, Michael Hickey and Jim Hietala Published 26 Jul 2016 Duration 1 hour Type Webinars Subject Architecture