This document is The Open Group FACE™ Technical Standard, Edition 3.1, and embodies a set of requirements and descriptions referred to as the FACE Technical Standard. The FACE Technical Standard defines a Reference Architecture intended for the development of portable software components targeted for general-purpose, safety, and/or security purposes, and uses industry standards for distributed communications, programming languages, graphics, operating systems, and other areas as appropriate.
The FACE Technical Standard begins with an architectural overview introducing the Reference Architecture, followed by a detailed description of each architectural segment and interface. This document then outlines requirements of each software component of the Reference Architecture. Finally, the appendices list the specific Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) required by the FACE Technical Standard, the FACE Data Architecture required by the FACE Technical Standard, as well as other applicable standards. Specific FACE terms are defined in the Glossary.
Specific areas that have evolved from the previous edition include:
- Restructuring the FACE Technical Standard for readability
- Adding System Model Metadata Definition
- Enhancing the Data Architecture
- Integrating a Component Framework/Model
- Enhancing and adding Extensions to I/O, including enhancements to Configuration Services, TSS Interoperability, Graphics, and Language Runtime
- Adding Lifecycle Management Services
- Updating the Interface Definition Language
- Additional Information
Reference C207 US ISBN 1-947754-61-4 Published 29 Jul 2020 Pages 586 Type Standards Subject FACE
- Standards Information
Standards Information Base
Common Name FACE Edition 3.1 Status Adopted Service Category International Operation Services Service Consortium Type The Open Group Standard